Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Google Docs

I try to keep my resume up-to-date with new things I do and new goals I achieve each year.  I seem to add to duties to my job description regularly.

Uploading my current resume from a Word doc to Google docs was a lot easier than I thought.  All of the things I was supposed to click did what they were supposed to and the conversion was pretty smooth in that I didn't have to make too many changes.  That is pretty unusual for me because most technology that I attempt doesn't work well for me.  I was pretty happy at how it worked out.

What I am discovering is that it's okay to click around and experiment.  I rely heavily on the 'undo' button.  :)  Because that it there, I am less fearful of sending my work into the Ionosphere.

The uploading of my current Word doc resume to Google docs and sharing it relates to two of the ISTE Nets T standards in that I am able to take the old technology of a simple Word document and still make use of that information by making it current and relevant using today's technology.


Model Digital Age Work and Learning
Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work
processes representative of an innovative professional
in a global and digital society.
a. Demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the
transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.

b. Collaborate with students, peers, parents,
and community members using digital tools
and resources to support student success and innovation.  


The advantages of cloud computing with Google docs provides a larger storage area and gives many access to my information at the touch of a few buttons; however, I think that could be a negative as well.  I am a bit uncomfortable with this whole cloud being out there giving anyone access to my information.  Perhaps once I learn more about it and become more knowledgeable, I won't be as fearful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment