Monday, November 19, 2012

Teenage Mutant Ninja Teacher-My Voki

 
Several English teachers at our school have utilized the Voki application and love it.  It's a great way to have the students express themselves by choosing their avatar and then connecting what they have learned to their avatar. 
 
Even though the number of avatars is somewhat limited, it's fun to see how creatively each student portrays themselves. 
 
This assignment corresponds to ISTE standard #1:
Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning
and Creativity
Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter,
teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate
experiences that advance student learning,
creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face
and virtual environments.
a. Promote, support, and model creative
and innovative thinking and inventiveness

See my Voki:
 
 
I have a Voki account already, but I changed my boring avatar to something a bit more creative.  I am now something that resembles a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.  My 8 year old was playing with them this weekend with a friend.  When I found that avatar, I thought it was funny. 
 
I chose the Scottish accent because it's so cool!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment