Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dropbox-Critical Reading Powerpoint

With this assignment, I used a Powerpoint I created last year for an 11th grade English class on Critical Reading.

It was super boring.  I took this opportunity to jazz it up a bit. I did a voice-over for each slide.  This way, I can post this to my school website.  Both parents and students can view the Ppt and get a better idea of meaning because I am doing the talking.

I also discovered a new website for sound bites.  I needed a puking sound for one of my slides. (Curious now?  LOL?)  I found freesound.org.  You register with a user name a password and you have access to thousands of different sound bites.  There is also a forum where you can see others that that 'enjoy' the same sounds you do and you can make comments regarding specific sound bites.

I had no idea that there was such a sound site until I needed it---one more thing I have discovered in this class.

Dropbox is pretty cool and was something that my Mac would actually do.  (After this class, I am seriously frustrated with this computer and I am considering alternatives.)

Redoing this powerpoint took a great deal of time.  The recording device on this crazy Mac would not let me stop and start the recordings.  If I goofed on the 10th slide, I had to go all the way back to slide 1 and start over.

The final slide has references for students to follow, including a site with Critical Reading practice tests.

Critical Reading Movie

It seems I am having technical difficulties getting this link to work.  Perhaps it won't link it because it was saved as a movie. I'm going to just try to save it as a powerpoint and link it that way.

           Critical Reading 2012.mov         

For some reason, I cannot get it to link.  I will troubleshoot some more.  I apologize for  all of the shares.  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment