Monday, October 22, 2012

Raider Readers Corner Website

Well this was an adventure!  It's interesting to see now how easily a website can be created, when I thought one would have to pay an exorbitant amount to have such thing.

We have a school website with links to our own professional part of the site.  I copied some of the information I had on our school site and placed it on my new site.  The linking of the information took a bit of time to get straight, but I think it will work.

I have to say, that this trial and error method is an impressive way to learn.  Perhaps we should allow students more opportunity for trial and error.  It's made me think.  I always give students a chance to correct their answers because it does help to retain material and it gives them a chance to work the important stuff out on their own.  I wish more of my own teachers had given me the chance to fix my answers and figure out what was correct.

One of my colleagues was sitting next to me today as I was beginning to fool around with the themes and templates.  She was so excited with the prospect of creating her own site, that she began poking around to start the process too.

This is my site!!
https://sites.google.com/a/su.edu/raider-readers-corner/

This assignment, for me, completely revolved around ISTE standard #5-Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership.  By learning to create this site, I have had to pull together and apply many of the tools and resources we have discovered during this course that I could readily share with my colleagues.

I am proud of myself for being able to conquer this.  This assignment was on the top of the list to give me ulcers.  LOL!  I look forward to adding to my site and making it better and better and sharing it with my students and parents.




No comments:

Post a Comment