Thursday, October 18, 2012

Self-Grading Form

This self-grading form will be great once I figure out how to make the formulas work.  I must have input incorrect information somewhere along the line because one cell keeps entering a 0 for the score when, in fact, it's correct and should read 100. 

This would be a great way to create that reading inventory that I want to make easy to give to all English teachers. 

This would also be a creative assignment for my students.  They would create a test for at least 3 of their classmates to take.

Using their own information to create a test, would force them to actually know some of the information we have covered in class because, in the creation of the test, they'd have to know the answers.  With each student taking several different tests created by their classmates, it reinforces their learning. 

I am always looking for creative tools for students to study.  I think this will be a new development!!!

This lesson applies to the Technology standards that require students to use technology to learn.  This hits the nail on the head!!!

This is the form: 

https://docs.google.com/a/su.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG85Q1ZfTHh4Wk5TX3NXMDhnejJxTmc6MQ#gid=0


This is the spreadsheet.  It still needs some work, but I get the idea.  I'm not sure why that last cell won't calculate right, but I'll figure it out. (See below--I figured it out!!)

https://docs.google.com/a/su.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjMCUKf1ScVgdG85Q1ZfTHh4Wk5TX3NXMDhnejJxTmc#gid=0

When the good professor pointed out that I didn't have my link public, I went back to wiggle a few things around.  I changed the URL to public and I figured out why I couldn't get the last cell to calculated the average.  I had put the /3 inside the parentheses instead of outside.  ONE TINY LITTLE OVERSIGHT changed everything.

With this, I realized, yet again, how very important the tiniest of details are.  I had watched the Youtube video many times trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.  I watched today with fresh eyes!!










1 comment:

  1. form link = You need permission to access this item.
    Please use the share public url thanks.

    ReplyDelete